Pages

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern

by Lillian Jackson Braun
Rating 3.5/5
I listened to this book on audio. I checked it out from the library to listen to while we drove to Salt Lake City for the Book Festival a week ago. Needless to say, with my mother, sister and I we didn't listen enough to finish this short book. Too, too much talking. (Meanwhile, my daughter is listening to her music with headphones.) I finished listening to it on my little jaunts around town.

There are 21 books in this series. Take heart! Even those there's many, you won't ever feel compelled to read them all. I've only read two, I think and neither in any order. TCW Ate Danish Modern is only book 2 in the series, which features Jim Qwilleran and his cats. In this 2nd book there is only one cat, Cocoa, who is joined at the end of the book with a female cat named Yum Yum. The cats are instrumental in helping Qwilleran solve murder mysteries.

This cozy mystery series is very light and it's easy to keep track of the story while listening to in short increments. The books are also quite enjoyable.

7 comments:

Maaja Wentz said...

Thanks again for your feedback. I'm impressed by how many books you are able to cover.

By the way, you are listed on my blog under "A Reader's Journal," not Booklogged.

Your latest reading challenge sounds like fun. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I've read one of The Cat Who books, (it even seems like it was the same one you just finished) and I enjoyed it. It was years ago, and I also never felt compelled to read any others. I may read another some day, but it's not very high on my list. It does sound like a good choice as a book to listen to on a short trip.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

sounds cute!

Library Mama said...

I have a friend who loves mysteries and also loves cats. I'll have to see if she knows about this series.

I've begun getting books on tape from the library for my commute to and from school. It's a great way to sneak in some more "reading", isn't it?

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me that I need to pick up some audio books, that way, I can put my long drives to good use.

Glad you're enjoying this mystery series, booklogged, they do sound like fun!

Framed said...

I've read most of the Cat Who books, and enjoy them but don't rush out to get them. They're pleasant and cute.

JoanneMarie Faust said...

I've only listened to the Cat series on audio. Because they were some of the first audiobooks I listened to, I became very familiar with George Guidall's voice. Now, whenever I hear him (I think he is The Voice of Recorded Books), I find myself wanting to yell out, "Qwill!"